TIP! ANDROID 7.0 NOUGAT FOR XIAOMI MI4, MI3 || DOWNLOAD AOSP ROM
The Flagship smartphones Mi4 and Mi3 can be quite easily upgraded to the latest Android 7.0 Nougat firmware using the AOSP ROM. All the needed features for users are brought to all your Mi devices even though the ROM is unofficial. As it stands now only Nexus users are seen to get the latest Android Update.
The Android 7.0 AOSP ROM has been made available to various other smartphones such as OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z2 and a whole lot more. The ROM being under development means users may come across a few bugs and other tech issues which are bound to be resolved in the upcoming updates. The steps given below can be followed to install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on your personal Xiaomi Mi4 and Mi3.
Since the update process is compatible only with Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi4 it is advised not to try this installation on any other Mi device.
Make sure to take a comprehensive backup of all your critical data.
It is advised to keep a battery level of 70% or more to eliminate unwanted power-off of the device in between the update processes.
Ensure that the TWRP recovery has already been installed on your device. (Complete guide)
Make an Android backup from recovery mode.
HOW TO INSTALL ANDROID 7.0 NOUGAT ROM ON MI3 AND MI4:
- You should download the Nougat ROM, Kernel, and GApps from a reliable download link online and onto your computer.
- Next you will have to take a USB cable and connect the device with PC. Now one will have to copy all the above three files to your device SD storage.
- You will then have to disconnect the phone’s connection with the PC and then switch it off. Now one will have to boot the device into TWRP recovery using compatible hardware buttons such as the volume down or power button.
- Then you will be required to perform a Factory Reset. To do this, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System and data, and then swipe to confirm the action
- Now return to the recovery main menu and tap Install. Here you required to navigate the ROM zip file from device SD storage and swipe to begin the flashing process. Once done, follow the same sequence of steps to flash kernel and GApps package.
- Post this you should again wipe cache and Dalvik cache from the recovery main menu.
- Once this is done, you should reboot the device and then can start using Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on your Xiaomi Mi4 and Mi3 smartphone!
General instructions for downloading the firmware
One essential detail regarding all the download methods for the unofficial firmware is that the links for the download have to be from reliable resources. It is recommended to have anti-virus software while researching download links on the net to ward off malware, and screen other malicious programs online. This is a great way to make sure of the download link being genuine. If the anti-virus software identifies the download link or the firmware to be malicious in nature then one should immediately terminate the download process or delete the download link as required.
Once the download link has been verified and the firmware has been downloaded, it is best to shut down or at least pause major operations on the PC or laptop to ensure the entire processing power of the PC is channeled into installing or transferring the downloaded firmware. It is also recommended to store the firmware in the C Drive (The Programs Drive) to ensure its safety and for security reasons. This ensures it won’t be deleted by accident from the other drives in the computer. This is especially true in the case of various guest users utilizing the same PC or laptop. This will minimize the risk of the malware being damaged through unauthorized usage and the consequences it brings.
Transferring downloaded firmware
In some cases the firmware downloaded is not meant for the device it was downloaded on. In such cases the above precautions need to be followed even more closely and the content be handled with care. This is true since most viruses get passed on from device to device during transfer of various kinds of content. To prevent malware such as Trojans, web bots, bot nets and more it is of paramount importance that all the devices involved in the transfer of content no matter what form the content is in have to be installed with effective and up-to-date anti-virus software.
580 total views, 0 views today